Mysore (1N) Chikmagalur (2N) tour package 4 days 3 nights:
Tourist spots Covered in Mysore and Chikmagalur are, Amba Vilas Palace, Chamundi Hills, KRS dam, and Brindavan garden, Hassan, Belur, Halebidu, Ayyanakere, Seethalayanagiri,
Mullayanagiri, Jhari Waterfalls, Baba Budan Giri, Kalhatti waterfalls, Hebbe waterfalls, Kemmanagundi, Manikyadhara Waterfalls Rock Garden, Shanti waterfalls, Z Point, Coffee Museum, Hiremagalur kodandarama, and Hirekolale Lake.
Detailed Mysore Chikmagalur tour itinerary for 4 days 3 nights.
Day 01: Mysore
Upon arrival at Mysore Bus stand, Mysore Airport aka Mandakalli airport or Railway station Pickup and then Drive to Hotel/ Resort check-in. and after fresh up visit local sightseeing:
- Amba Vilas Palace the official residence of Wodeyars. this palace is the most visited tourist spot in India second only to the Taj Mahal.
- Chamundi Hills is one of the seven most sacred hills to visit Sri Chamundeshwari temple, Nandi statue, Mahishasura statue, Ancient Sri Mahabaleshwara temple.
- KRS dam, and Brindavan garden light and music fountain. Drive back to the hotel by night and stay in Mysore.
- Mysore has many geographical indications, GI tags viz., Mysore-silks, ganjifa, Mysore-Banana, Mysore-Sandal, Mysore-mallige (Jasmine), Mysore- Agarbathi, and many more Scope of some shopping too.
- Drive back to the hotel and overnight stay in Mysore.
Day 02: Mysore to Chikmagalur 177 km 4-6 hrs approx.
After breakfast in the hotel before 9 am check out and drive to Chikmagalur via SH 57 on the way you will come towns and villages viz., Krishnarajanagara aka K R Nagara, Hampapura, Holenarsipura.
- Hassan is derived from the word simhasana Pura Since, once it was the seat of power to many erstwhile rulers. it is also the home town of Former PM Mr. H D Deve Gowda.
- Belur also referred to as Velur or Velapuri on the banks of river Yagachi, 14th-century Masterpiece of Hoysala architecture Sri Chennakeshava Temple, which is also World Heritage site is a Must-visit place.
- Halebidu is another example of Hoysala architecture, Hoysaleshwara, and Kedareshwara temples.
- Reach Chikmagalur check in to the hotel and after lunch drive to
- Coffee Museum: Audiovisual presentations to know more about coffee.
- Ayyanakere is a lake located in Sakharayapatna village dates back to 1156 CE, on the backdrop of Shakunagiri hill, here the sunset is truly mesmerizing.
- Chikmagalur is famous for Coffee, Spices, Honey, Figs and other forests produce free time in Evening for Some Shopping.
- Drive back to the hotel and overnight stay in Chikmagalur.
Day 03: Chikmagalur.
Get ready early morning by 5:00 am and then drive to Bhadra Tiger Conservation Project at Muthodi, you can go for safari and enjoy the animals sighting at wild. and then drive back to the hotel after by 8:00 am again drive to local sightseeing:
- Seethalayanagiri, just before Mullayanagiri is at 5000 feet MSL, Seethala Mallikarjuna Swamy temple is also located here.
- Mullayanagiri is the highest peak (6316 feet MSL) of Karnataka state located in the Chandra Drona Hill range.
- Jhari Waterfalls aka buttermilk waterfalls can be reached only by local jeep, and trekking not allowed.
- Baba Budan Giri, after visiting Datta Peeta and dargah, a local jeep ride or trekking will lead to Manikyadhara Waterfalls, aka Nellikai Theertha.
- Kalhatty waterfalls and Veerabhadra temple.
- Hebbe waterfalls, one of the highest waterfalls in Karnataka, can be reached by jeep.
- Kemmanagundi aka Sri Krishnarajendra Hill Station, At height of 1434 meters, ASL is one of the oldest hill stations in Karnataka.
- Rock Garden, Shanti waterfalls and Z Point located in Kemmanagundi demands a lot of trekking of about 10 km from Sri Krishnarajendra Hill station.
- Drive back to the hotel for an overnight stay at Chikmagalur.
Day 04: Chikmagalur Back to Home.
After breakfast before 9 am check out from the hotel and drive back to Mysore and drop at your desired location Bus stand or Railway station.