book Mysore Ooty Wayanad tour itinerary price discounted
Bangalore to Mysore Coorg Wayanad tour package tour itinerary for 6 days 5 nights:
Day 01: Arrival to Bangalore. then drive to Mysore.
Upon arrival, the driver meets and greets, at Bangalore Airport, Railway station or any other location in Bangalore, introduces driver and then drives to Mysore distance 150 km 5-7 hours journey.
- proceed to Mysore Must visit sightseeing.
- Amba Vilas Palace, The official residence of Wodeyars. this palace is the most visited tourist spot in India second only to the Taj Mahal. Amba Villas aka Mysore palace is cutting edge masterpiece of building technology, mural paintings, Painting by Raja Ravi Varma, Sandalwood carvings, Thanjavur paintings, Ivory Carvings, Antique pieces, Durbar Hall. Mysore Palace light illumination is on Sundays and all public holidays in the evening. Sound and light programs are arranged on all days between 7 and 7:45, except on Sundays and public holidays. Inside this premises, there are 12 temples namely, Someshvara Temple, Lakshmi Ramana Temple, Shwetha Varahaswamy Temple, Sri Prasanna Krishna Swamy Temple, Sri Bhuvaneshwari Temple, Kodi Someshwara Swamy Temple, Sri Gayatri Temple, Sri Trineshwara temple and others. Some are built-in the 14th Century. The Anthapura another Building beside Mysore palace houses the exclusive collections of Costumes and dress materials of the yesteryears kings and queens; this was built some 600 years ago.
- Mysore zoo, officially the Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Garden houses over 168 species and spread over 157 acres and its near to Mysore palace. Entry fees Rs 40. and by vehicle Rs 120. per person.
- Philomena’s church, Catholic Church built in honor of St. Philomena, Neo-Gothic style constructed in 1936.
- Sri Chamundeshwari Temple, As per Adi Guru Shri Shankaracharya’s Astadasa Shakti peeta Stotram, Chamundi hills is one of the Astadasa Shakti Peeta. one of the seven most sacred hills in South India. This place aka KraunchaPitham in SkandaP urana this place referred to as KraunchaPuri.
- Sri Mahabaleshwara temple, Originally built in the 8th Century Dedicated to Lord Sri Shiva, winsome architecture of Hoysala, Ganga, Chola, Vijayanagar and other kings.
- Mahishasura statue, the Statue of Demon by which the current name of Mysore is derived.
- Nandi statue big bull, Third largest monolithic statue of Nandi in India carved out of Single black granite. Also panoramic view of Mysore City, Mysore palace, Lalitha mahal palace.
- Kukkarahalli lake, Jayachamarajendra Art Gallery, Jaganmohan Palace, Railway Museum and other places can also be covered if time permits.
- Hunsur, Periyapatna you will come across many farm fields, beautiful countryside of Karnataka.
- Bylakuppe Golden Temple: Namdroling Monastery well known as the golden temple, the little Tibet of India. also visit Sera Jey Monastery, Peaceful and little known Monastery after Namdroling Monastery.
- Kaveri nisargadhama river island formed by River Kaveri, you get true deep jungle experience with safety, boating in the river Kaveri, Deer park, Rabbit park, and Elephant ride is possible here. Zipline at additional cost is available here. Kaveri nisargadhama some activities may not be available during some season, Entry to River is not possible in the rainy season. Entry fees Rs 10 per adult.
- Dubare Reserve Forest & Elephant Camp the base camp of Dasara Elephants, this place can only be reached by crossing the river by motorboat for a nominal cost of Rs 30. whitewater rafting is possible here and prices additional depends on the rafting level you choose. a 7 kilometers thrilling white water Rafting Rs 700 per person. still water rafting Rs 200 per person.
- Harangi Dam Backwaters and peaceful scenic place.
- Check in to the hotel in Madikeri.
- Abbey waterfalls, soft trek in the middle of coffee estate Leeds to this winsome waterfall inside a private property.
- Mandalpatti is Misty, Windy, Scenic place reachable only by 4WD, additional jeep charges ( optional).
- Raja Gaddige, an enchanting park, The tomb of the Raja of Gaddige is a historic structure. Built-in the Indo-Saracenic style.
- By evening drive back to the hotel for an overnight stay in Coorg.
Day 02: Mysore to Ooty via NH 766 and NH 181 130 km 4-7 hour’s journey:
After breakfast by 8:00 am, drive to Ooty on the way of visiting sightseeing places,
- Nanjangud: Sri Nanjundeshwara Temple aka Srikanteshwara Temple on the banks of river Kapila, this is 1000-year-old Temple. In Nanjangud town also famous for GI tag Banana the “Nanjangud rasabale” do not miss this in season between March to July.
- Gudalur: can be called Gateway to Ooty, Wayanad and the last big town on Karnataka border also famous for the 10th century Vijayanarayana Temple.
- Himavad Gopala Swamy betta: At a height of 4757 feet MSL highest peak in the Bandipur National Park in the core area. Dense fog predominates and covers the hills around. please note that to reach this temple no private vehicles are allowed, you have to with government bus.
- Bandipur National Park: Jungle Jeep safari is possible, timings 6 am to 9.30 am. Bandipur National park is the first national park in India to use drones to track poachers. Deers, Elephants, Bison, Black-faced money and other wild animals Rome’s freely on the road itself. if you like to take jungle jeep safari for sighting Tiger, you have to check out Mysore by 5:30 am.
- Mudumalai National Park: Jungle safari is possible up to 10 am. from here two routes to Ooty one via Masinagudi and other is via Gudalur we take the Gudalur route.
- Gudalur: After a hectic journey of a couple of hours through the deep jungle in Bandipur and Mudumalai national park time for a Tea Break. and now you have entered The Nilgiris, Where the Western ghats meet Eastern ghats.
- Frog Hill View Point: one of the marvelous hillocks on the way to Ooty. the shape looks like a frog, hence the name frog Hill.
- Needle Rock viewpoint: Windy, Cloudy, amazing 360-degree view.
- Pykara Lake and Pykara Falls: Boating is optional here, Pykara village is scenic and you can see the step farming, cabbage, Ooty-carrot. Ooty-apple cultivation here.
- Reach Udhagamandalam, abbreviated as Udhagai and Ooty, Check into the hotel and after some rest. drive to
- Ooty Lake & Boathouse: The Boathouse offers Paddle boats, Rowboats, and Motorboats. This is an artificial lake constructed by John Sullivan, in year 1824, additional charges.
- The Government Rose Garden: is the largest rose garden in India, situated on the slopes of the Elk Hill close to Ooty town.
- Late in the evening free time for shopping and overnight stay in Ooty.
Day 03: Ooty Sightseeing.
After breakfast by 8:00 hrs drive to Ooty sightseeing:
- The Government Botanical Garden: covers an area of 22 hectares, is one of the major attractions in Ooty.
- Doddabetta Tea Factory and Chocolate Museum: Know all about tea processing, chocolate manufacturing.
- Doddabetta peak: At an elevation of 8652 feet, it is the fourth highest peak in South India and highest in the Nilgiris range. Panoramic 360-degree view of Ooty, Mettupalayam/Coimbatore, avalanche dam, and Mukurthi Peak.
- Kotagiri: is the oldest hill station of Nilgiris, famous for Tea estates, Catherine Falls, Kodanad View Point, and Longwood Shola.
- Coonoor: Famous for Nilgiri Tea production, Sim’s Park, Dolphin’s Nose, Lamb’s rock can also be visited if you are interested.
- Nilgiri Mountain Railway: Built-in 1908 relies on its fleet of steam locomotives. UNESCO added the Nilgiri Mountain Railway as an extension to the World Heritage Site. Diesel locomotives have taken over from steam on the section between Coonoor and Udhagamandalam.
- Evening free for shopping. Overnight stay in Ooty.
Day 04: Ooty to Wayanad 132 km 4-7 hrs approx.
After breakfast by 9:00 drive to Wayanad via Gudalur on the way visiting:
- Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary inside this Muthanga & Tholpetty two ecotourism facilities of jeep safari.
- Elephant camp, trekking, bird watching all attract some fees extra.
- Jain temple ancient ruins of a temple near Sulthan bathery also stop for lunch.
- Edakkal Caves – in these caves pictorial writings take you back to Neolithic era back to 6,000 BC.
- Wayanad heritage museum at Ambalavayal.
- Phantom Rock overnight stays hotel/ resort at Wayanad.
Day 05: Wayanad
After breakfast time by 9 am explore sightseeing places of Wayanad:
- Banasura Sagar Dam – the second largest earth dam in Asia.
- Kuruvadweep – Kabini River and islands.
- Pookode Lake –an optional activity here is boating.
- Soochipara Waterfalls- a small trek required to get here.
- Or Chembra peak – Full day trekking to highest peak 2100m ASL in Wayanad.
Day 06: Wayanad to Bangalore or Calicut or Mangalore Drop.
After breakfast time by 9 am drive back to Bangalore and drop to your desired location in Bangalore. And the tour concludes with happy memories.